Are you eligible to become an Open Path Healing Arts practitioner? Each discipline has its own set of eligibility guidelines, listed below. If you have any questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACUPUNCTURE — Acupuncturists must provide a copy of licensure in each state where they practice (if required by state), and their diploma from an accredited school of Acupuncture. More information here.
AYURVEDA — Ayurvedic practitioners must provide their certification of completion from an institution approved by NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association).
BODYWORK — Bodyworkers may work in various modalities:
- Massage therapists must provide a copy of their license or certification in each state where they practice (as required by state). More information here.
- Reiki practitioners must show proof of Level 1 Reiki certification.
- Shaitsu practitioners must be a licensed Massage Therapist (or certified in Indiana or CA) with Shiatsu training.
- Myofascial release practitioners must show completion of a Myofascial release training, alongside a physical therapy license or massage therapy license.
- Feldenkrais practitioners must show proof of completion from an accredited Feldenkrais professional training program.
- Alexander Technique practitioners must show proof of completion from an AmSAT-approved Teacher Training Course or an equivalent Bylaw-compliant training.
- Craniosacral practitioners must be a licensed Massage Therapist (or certified in Indiana or CA) with a Craniosacral certification.
- ROLF practitioners must be a licensed Massage Therapist with a ROLFing certification.
CHIROPRACTIC — Chiropractors must provide proof of completion of a 4 year accredited degree in Chiropractic, and proof of licensure or certification in each state where they practice. More information here.
COACHING — Coaches must provide a certificate of completion from a recognized coaching institution, or a Masters in Psychology, Social Work, or other related degree from an institution recognized by the Department of Education. Doulas are also welcome to apply as coaches, provided they send proof of completion of doula training.
EAST ASIAN MEDICINE — East Asian Medicine practitioners must provide a copy of their Master’s or Doctorate degree diploma from an accredited Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine school, and a copy of their license in each state where they practice (as required by state). More information here.
HERBALISM — Herbalists must provide a copy of their certificate of completion from a recognized school of Herbalism.
NATUROPATHY — Naturopaths must provide a copy of their license (for those practicing in states which require a license) as well as a certificate of completion of coursework in Naturopathy from an institution that is recognized by the Department of Education. More information here.
NUTRITION — Nutritionists must provide proof of certification as a nutritionist and/or registered dietician (RD) in each state where they practice, as well as certificate of completion of coursework from a recognized institution.
PERSONAL TRAINING — Personal trainers must hold a current CPR/AED certification and show proof of certification as a personal trainer.
PHYSICAL THERAPY — Physical Therapists must provide their license and proof of holding a doctor of physical therapy degree from a Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education-accredited physical therapist education program. More information here.
YOGA — Yoga practitioners must provide proof of their RYT200 through Yoga Alliance., or proof of completion of an International Association fo Yoga Therapists (IAYT) – accredited yoga therapist training program.